Automation of biological purification processes on SWTP
In booklets of some manufacturers of SWTP, sewage treatment automation is called “fashion”. Those who argue that the automation of purification processes on the SWTP is not required, that automated plants are less reliable than simple plants, that operate without automation as flowing septic tanks, have a false idea of biological wastewater treatment. In fact, under the concept of reliability of the SWTP we understand the stability of the biological processes of the ongoing treatment, which is a prerequisite for the stability of the WTP, which provides the required high rates of treated wastewater. What basic requirements should be met by a small wastewater treatment plant (capacity from 1.5 to 1000 m3/day) to provide high-quality sewage treatment, without permanent staff, in the context of energy prices rising? SWTP should be constructed according to the following principles and, accordingly, these criteria should be evaluated:
1. To have advantages of a continuous and discontinuous cleaning systems, but not to have their disadvantages.
2. Retain and shred the rough impurities coming from sewage.
3. The presence of a grid self-cleaning system for the detention of rough sewage in a RC.
4. To ensure the reception of volley discharges of sewage without removal of sludge from the plant with purified sewage.
5. The biological purification system of the SWTP must be a minimum five-stage, with a three-circuit backflow of recirculated active sludge.
6. The technology should have a minimal double-sludge system.
7. The hydraulic system of the SWTP must provide equalization of volley revenues of sewage and multi-contour reverse circulation with intensity, proportional to the amount of wastewater entering.
8. To ensure the removal of nitrogen by biological means, creating conditions for the two-step process of nitrification-denitrification.
9. Automatically remove surplus active sludge.
10. Automatically maintain the necessary concentration of active sludge in the system with the possibility of adjusting it.
11. To have an automated system of aerobic stabilization and dehydration of surplus active sludge without the addition of flocculants.
12. Automatically switch to the economic modes of work when changing the amount of wastewater entering the purification, in order to save electricity, the life of the electrical equipment and the alignment of the biological process in the long absence of wastewater. Switch to forerid modes when receiving wastewater in excess of the estimated amount.
13. Apply sensors of a high level of reliability with a self-cleaning system.
14. Output to the monitor of the controller of the main parameters of the plant with the possibility of adjusting them in the reactors: the time of aeration, mixing, sedimentation, pumping of treated wastewater – preferably via a modem connection.
15. Have an alarm for a violation of the plant in the initial phase in order to take action before an emergency occurs.
16. Possibility of repair or replacement of any site, without stopping the work of the treatment plant.
We will be grateful if you share the page in social networks